A few days ago i started to build myself a new developmentmachine for sharepoint 2013 development with the following components:

  • Windows 2012 R2
  • SQL 2014 standard
  • SharePoint 2013
  • Visual Studio 2015

On a sidenote: Install sharepoint before Visual Studio 2015! The new Visual Studio will install .NET framework 4.6. Apparantly Sharepoint 2013 installer doesnt like this and wil fail because it wants .NET framework 4.5+…. hmmzzz… back to the problem 🙂  :

After wanting to restore a sharepoint site to my machine it started to complain with this error:

<nativehr>0x80070003</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>

Well it seems that my problem was the updatelevel between SharePoint on my production server. Offcourse my developmentmachine was newer, because i finished al updates. Make sure to update the productionmachine with the same sharepoint updates as your development machine.

Most people go to their Programs and Features list… this is not right. The level on both machines were the same!

sharepoint2013-programs-features-version

Open your SharePoint powershell and type the following:

(get-spfarm).buildversion

Look at the build level and check the other server. In my case the buildlevel on my production environment was 4569. The buildlevel on my dev environment is  4719.

So now we know wich CU/patch you need to install the get to the same build by visiting this website (http://www.toddklindt.com/sp2013builds) and download the patch you need

PS: dont forget to run the sharepoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard to finalize your update process. Then run the (get-spfarm).buildversion again.